“We dedicate ourselves to the advancement of amateur hockey for all individuals through progressive leadership by ensuring meaningful opportunities and enjoyable experiences in a safe sportsmanlike environment.”
OUR OBJECTIVES AS A GOVERNING BODY
- To develop a planned program of leadership in all areas related to the development of Hockey in Manitoba.
- To promote, form and govern senior, junior, recreational and minor hockey for both males and females and such other categories which may be established within the province of Manitoba.
- To facilitate development programs for our coaches and officials
- To secure the enforcement of the rules of the game of hockey as adopted by Hockey Manitoba and to decide and adjust all matters in disputes between various clubs affiliated with Hockey Manitoba.
- To conduct matches between member clubs to determine provincial champions and representatives to inter-provincial championships and Hockey Canada Championships.
- To encourage, develop and foster amateur hockey in the province of Manitoba.
OUR BELIEF STATEMENTS
- A positive hockey experience for all participants, in a safe, sportsmanlike environment.
- The development of life skills which will benefit participants throughout their lives.
- The values of fair play and sportsmanship, including the development of respect for all people by all participants.
- Hockey opportunities for all people regardless of age, gender, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion or socio-economic status.
- The importance for participants to develop dignity and self-esteem.
- Instill the values of honesty and integrity in participants at all times.
- The promotion of teamwork, and the belief that what groups and society can achieve as a whole is greater than that which can be achieved by individuals.
- The Province of Manitoba, its tradition in the game of hockey, and the proud and successful representation of this tradition around Canada.
- The value of hard work, determination, the pursuit of excellence and success in all activities.
- The benefits of personal and physical well-being.