Respect in Sport for Parents is an effective and informative online training program for parents of active children. This unique certification program compliments Respect in Sport for Coaches/Activity Leaders by reinforcing a parents role in a child or youth’s activities, encouraging positive sport behaviors, and providing insight into the various roles other individuals (such as coaches and officials) play. This program empowers parents to ensure the safety of their children, encourage positive and effective communication, and to enhance a child’s fun and camaraderie of the activity.
At the 2015 Semi Annual meeting, Hockey Manitoba’s Board of Directors approved the following motion:
Certification for the Respect in Sport for Parents program must be obtained by at least one parent or legal guardian of any minor hockey player on a Hockey Manitoba roster by November 1st. Should certification not be obtained by November 1st, the minor hockey player will be ineligible to participate in any Hockey Manitoba sanctioned activity until one parent or legal guardian is certified.
Why has Hockey Manitoba implemented Respect in Sport for Parents?
1. It further ensures your commitment to our number 1 priority: safety for participants
2. It enhances communication between parents and organization staff, coaches, officials, etc.
3. It helps our organization, staff and volunteers to mitigate liability
4. It provides parents supplementary knowledge about preparing a young athlete for practices, games and other activities
5. It helps to retain recreation leaders, coaches, officials and volunteers
6. It makes a values based statement on behalf of our organization to ALL stakeholders
What does the Respect in Sport for Parents certification cost?
The Respect in Sport for Parents program is $12 per user, paid by credit card during the on-line certification process.
Please click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
Please click here for Respect In Sport for Parent Troubleshooting Guide.
Before you begin:
Prior to accessing and taking the Respect in Sport for Parents program, please familiarize yourself with the following Registration Procedures. Answers to additional frequently asked questions are outlined in the Respect in Sport for Parents program, and can be accessed once you have set up your account.
Respect in Sport for Parents – Program Links:
All inquiries regarding the Respect in Sport for Parents program should be directed to their Help Desk at http://respectinsport.com/contact-us/