The Female Peewee Prospects program has been developed to provide a competitive skill development program for 1st and 2nd year Peewee players. Modeled after the current male Directors Cup this program is designed as an introduction into the Hockey Manitoba U-16 and U-18 Program of Excellence. The mission of this program is to introduce prospective U-18 players to the concepts and skills required to play at the National level before their entrance into the Program of Excellence.
2017 Female Peewee Prospects Program:
The Female Peewee Prospects program is open to 2004 and 2005 born female players in Manitoba. The program will consist of the following elements:
- Each Region will be allotted a roster of 9 Forwards, 6 Defense and 2 Goaltenders (Winnipeg will have 3 full rosters).
- 6 Regional Skills sessions run over the course of 6 weeks beginning immediately after the Peewee Provincials.
- 2 Combined Region specialty skills sessions focusing on position specific skills.
- Final Peewee Prospects Tournament played in Portage la Prairie the weekend of April 28-30.
Registration is now open across the province for the Female Peewee Prospects Program, please follow the registration instructions below:
- RURAL MANITOBA - Registration is done through the rural regions so all interested players must contact their regional hockey office in order to register.
- WINNIPEG - All interested players out of Winnipeg can register for the program by filling out the following form using the attached link http://bit.ly/2j95KG4
- Please note that in regions where registration exceeds the maximum roster size tryouts will be held to determine the program roster.
Coordinator, Development - Hockey Manitoba