The Male Under-16 Program of Excellence is the first step in the Hockey Canada Male Program of Excellence. Athletes who participate in the U16 POE begin to receive the exposure to skills and concepts that are vital for success at the Major Junior, NCAA, USport and National levels. Many athletes from the U16 Program of Excellence go on to success with the U17, U18 and World Junior Teams as a part of the Hockey Canada Program of Excellence.
- Athletes are selected utilizing scouting information from a Western Hockey League scouting pool designated by Hockey Manitoba.
- Athletes for the 2021 U16 Program of Excellence must be male and must be born between Jan 1, 2006 and Dec 31, 2006.
- For an athlete to be eligible for selection into POE they MUST be a permanent resident of Manitoba and be registered with a sanctioned program within Hockey Manitoba (AAA, AA, A or Sport School) or within another Provincial Branch.
August 13 -15, 2021
Bell MTS Iceplex
- Athletes are selected to participate in the U16 POE Summer Camp
- On-ice activities will be dependant on public health orders from August 13-15, 2021
- Athletes are responsible for their own accommodations, meals and transportation during the camp.
- All evaluation at the camp is done by the U16 POE Coaching Staff.
- Due to spectator capacity limits at Bell MTS Iceplex, only registered MJHL and WHL scouts and family members of POE athletes will be permitted to watch the Male U16 POE Summer Camp
Male U16 Director of Operations; Director, Hockey Development – Hockey Manitoba