INTRO TO COACH & COACH LEVEL OVERVIEW
As a committment to the development of players & coaches in our province, all IP Level clinics are free of charge to Hockey Manitoba members of the current season. Members are those who are officially registered by Hockey Manitoba as a player, coach, or official of the current season of the clinic.
The Coach Level clinic is designed for those individuals working with Novice to Midget aged athletes who are competing at the recreation levels. Coach Level does NOT act as a pre-requisite to the Development Level. Please see Certification Requirements if you are unsure about the certification course you require.
Coach Level focuses on meeting the needs of the athlete. Clinic participants will learn Communication, Roles and Responsibilities, Skill Inventory & Identification, Error Detection & Correction, Fair Play, Player & Parent Meetings, Player Development Pyramid and Effective On-Ice Techniques.
Coaches attending a Coach Level clinic will receive a (1) Hockey Canada Skills manual appropriate for the age that they are coaching. During the registration process be sure to choose your manual. Coaches will also receive a coach workbook, and Hockey Canada Skills of Gold DVD Series.
ALL team officials (coaches) must be certified by December 1.
ALL coaches must have Respect In Sport certification by Dec 1, 2011.
REGISTER FOR A COACH LEVEL CLINIC
Hockey Manitoba is pleased to offer online registration through the Hockey Canada eHockey system. Each clinic runs from 8:30AM to 5:30PM and must be attended in it’s entirety. Clinic and materials are free of charge for 2010/11 Hockey Manitoba members.
Pre-Task Workbook – This workbook must be submitted to course instructor at the beginning of your clinic.
eHockey Registration Tips:
- Create or log into your eHockey account
- Add or create “Member” to associate with your account
- You may add multiple members to your eHockey account
- If clinic is FULL we cannot take requests to add you in, you must attend another location
- If all clincis are FULL and you cannot complete the certification this season you must contact your Minor Hockey Association on how to proceed
CLICK HERE FOR COACH LEVEL CLINICS REGISTRATION
When at registration page, sort list by Type: *Coach – Coach Level
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES:
- CLINICS WITH REGISTRATION NUMBERS OF LESS THAN 12 PARTICIPANTS ARE SUBJECT TO CANCELLATION. PARTICIPANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED 2 DAYS PRIOR IF CLINIC IS CANCELLED.
- REMEMBER WHEN REGISTERING THAT THERE IS A $30 ADMIN. CHARGE TO CHANGE/CANCEL CLINICS
- ADDITIONAL SKILLS MANUALS CAN BE PURCHASED FOR $40.00 (GST INCLUDED)
- SKILLS OF GOLD DVDS PART 2 (DISCS 5-8) CAN BE PURCHASED FOR $56.25 (GST INCLUDED)