Registration open for 2019 Season Opener
WINNIPEG, MB – Hockey Manitoba is pleased to announce initial details and open registration for its annual Season Opener conference on September 27-28, 2019 at Canad Inns Polo Park in Winnipeg.
Our goal each year is to connect as stakeholders and provide information, resources and specific takeaways for minor hockey associations, volunteers and parents to grow and develop our game. Everyone is welcome to attend the Season Opener!
Growing the Game: This year’s conference will challenge stakeholders to think a little differently as we work together and find ways to grow the game. Below are just a few of the presenters scheduled to speak!
- Dave King, former NHL Head Coach – The Importance of the Coach as a Leader
- Matt Symes, founding partner at Symplicity Designs – The Future of Hockey
- Allyson Tufts, Author (Lessons From Behind The Glass) – Experiences as a Hockey Mom
- Linton Sellen, Leadership Training and Consultation – Coaching Leadership
Hockey Manitoba and Hockey Canada staff will also be on hand to deliver information pertinent to what’s new in 2019 – 2020 and take part in discussions throughout the weekend. This year’s topics include:
- Development Opportunities Overview
- Grow the Game Initiatives
- Atom Pathway (2020-2021)
- Hockey Canada Member Engagement
- Officiating Mentorship
- Volunteer Recognition
Registration includes access to all presentations, one free beverage and hors d’oeuvres Friday and a free lunch on Saturday. Be sure to take advantage of the multiple pass, it allows you to register up to 5 individuals for a fraction of the price!
INDIVIDUAL PASS $40 + GST
MULTIPLE PASS $100 + GST
For special guest room rates at Canad Inns Polo Park, please be sure to check the Season Opener page for updates!