The Female Peewee Prospects program has been developed to provide a competitive skill development program for 1st and 2nd year Peewee players. Modeled after the current male Directors Cup this program is designed as an introduction into the Hockey Manitoba U-16 and U-18 Program of Excellence. The mission of this program is to introduce prospective U-18 players to the concepts and skills required to play at the National level before their entrance into the Program of Excellence.
Female Prospects Program
The Female Peewee Prospects program is open to 2006 and 2007 born female players in Manitoba. The program will consist of the following elements:
- Each Region will be allotted a roster of 9 Forwards, 6 Defense and 2 Goaltenders (Winnipeg will have 3 full rosters).
- 8 Regional Skills sessions run over the course of 4 weeks beginning the first week of April.
- Final Peewee Prospects Tournament played in Portage la Prairie the weekend of April 26-28, 2019.
- Players will be placed on one of 12 teams participating in the tournament.
- Teams will be mixed with players from all regions (not regional teams).
- Players are provided with tournament jerseys and socks.
For more information on the Female Peewee Prospects in your area please contact your regional minor hockey organization.
Female Prospects Tournament – Portage la Prairie – April 26-28, 2019
More information regarding the Female Peewee Prospects tournament will be made available in early April.
Senior Coordinator, Player Development – Hockey Manitoba