The Female Program of Excellence is designed to provide high performance female players with the opportunity to develop advanced skills as well as an introduction to the concepts needed to play at an elite level. Players from the Program of Excellence go on to play at the CIS, NCAA and International level.
- Athletes are selected by the U18 Coaching staff utilizing scouting information from Hockey Canada and Hockey Manitoba scouting staff and club team coaching staffs.
- Athletes for the 2021 Female Program of Excellence must have been born between Jan 1, 2004 and Dec 31, 2005.
- For an athlete to be eligible for selection into POE they MUST be registered with a sanctioned program within Hockey Manitoba (AAA, AA, A or Sport School).
- Athletes that participate in the WWHSHL are ineligible for the Female Program of Excellence UNLESS they are also registered to a sanctioned minor hockey program.
August 13 -15, 2021
Bell MTS Iceplex
- Athletes are selected to participate in the Female U18 POE Summer Camp
- On-ice activities will be dependant on public health orders from August 13-15, 2021
- Athletes are responsible for their own accommodations, meals and transportation during the camp.
- All evaluation at the camp is done by the Female U18 POE Coaching Staff.
- Due to spectator capacity limits at Bell MTS Iceplex, only registered scouts and team officials and family members of POE athletes will be permitted to watch the Female U18 POE Summer Camp
Female U18 Director of Operations; Sr. Coordinator, Player Development – Hockey Manitoba