Coaching clinics are available for registration through the Hockey Canada Registry (HCR 3.0).
All coaches registering for a Coach 1 – Intro to Coach or Coach 2 – Coach Level clinic must complete the Hockey University online course (HU – Online Coach 1/2) prior to signing up for their virtual clinic. Coaches that require the Coach – Instructional Stream – Checking Skills 1 training must complete the HU – Online Checking course prior to signing up for their virtual clinic. The HU – Online Coach 1/2 and HU – Online Checking course is currently available for registration.
Instructional Stream – Checking Skills 1 Training is a requirement for any HEAD COACHES that are coaching at the UNDER-11 – UNDER-15 level up to and including AAA. If you are not Head Coaching one of these age categories please consult the Coach Requirements page to find the appropriate level of training for your age category. The main focus of this training program is to educate coaches on the difference between body contact and body checking and how to teach their players proper checking skills needed for safe hockey.
*** The coaching certification deadline for the 2022 – 2023 season is Friday January 13, 2023.
Instructional Stream – Checking Skills 1 is a 3-step process. Below are the detailed steps to assist you in registration:
- If you have already completed the Respect in Sport - Activity Leaders course within the past 5 years you can bypass this step.
- If you have never completed the in Respect in Sport - Activity Leaders course or completed it during the 2017-18 season or prior please follow the steps below:
- Access the Respect in Sport database by clicking here.
- If you have an existing profile log-in using your email and password. If you are new to RIS create a new account.
- Please ensure when creating a new account that your birth date and name match what is listed on your eHockey participate profile.
- Once you have logged in or created a new account ensure that you select your MINOR HOCKEY ASSOCIATION by going to the ASSOCIATIONS tab at the top of the screen.
- You can now go through and complete the online course.
- Please ensure that once you have competed the online course you also complete the survey at the end as it will not list your course as completed until the survey is done.
- Go to the Hockey Canada Registry site by clicking HERE
- With the previous eHockey site being discontinued you will need to create a new account on the HCR 3.0 portal. Use your current email address to create your new account.
- After logging into your account select the option to “link a member” to your account.
- Search using your first name, last name and date of birth. This should bring up your existing member profile in the Hockey Canada Registry.
- If your search does not bring up any results please check to make sure you are using the correct birth date and full name (it is possible that if your name is James, your profile may be under Jim).
- If the site is still returning no search results this means that you have no pre-existing profile in the database. To create a new profile you must ensure that you have completed STEP 1 by completing your Respect in Sport – Activity Leader training. Instructions on how to complete this training can be found by clicking here.
- Once you have created an account and linked your member profile click HERE to register
- Follow the prompts to complete registration.
- Following your registration you will receive a link to begin completing the online course.
- If you have any questions relating to the registration process, please contact Ben Blankstein, Coordinator, Coach Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Using the table below, select your desired clinic.
- Click the blue hyper link to go directly to the signup page for that clinic.
- Once you have selected your clinic, follow the prompts to complete registration.
- Once your clinic registration is complete you will receive a confirmation email that will include a blue hyper-link to register for the Zoom session where your clinic will take place.
- Click on the link and follow through the prompts to complete your Zoom registration for the clinic.
- This will send you an email with the Zoom call information for your registered clinic.
- On the day of your clinic, use the Zoom call information to log in and join the clinic.
Below is a list of upcoming online Checking Skills 1 Clinics which are open to everyone in Manitoba:
|Checking skills 1||Jan 9, 2023||6:00pm – 8:00pm||Click here to register|