The application period for Minor Hockey Associations wishing to host the NHL/NHLPA First Shift program in 2024 – 2025 is NOW OPEN!
A truly unique experience designed to help kids fall in love with hockey. The six-week learn to play program continues to focus on having fun while learning basic skills. Full head-to-toe Bauer equipment is included with registration.
The NHL/NHLPA First Shift mission is to change the way hockey is offered, to inspire new families to join our community, and enroll their kids in our sport. Because of the program’s belief in all that hockey has to offer kids, their families and our communities, the NHL/NHLPA First Shift was designed to make hockey accessible, affordable, safe and most importantly, fun!
The NHL/NHLPA First Shift partners are committed to ensuring the program and the sport of hockey welcomes participants, no matter the race, gender, religion, ability, or sexual orientation. A more inclusive future creates avenues for new players across all backgrounds the chance to inspire the next generations on and off the ice. We believe diversity makes us all stronger and want to ensure opportunities are available for everyone to be welcomed into the hockey community.
We encourage Minor Hockey Associations to share their intentions for any equity, diversity and inclusion focused programming.
For more information on the program or to apply immediately to host an event, please go to https://www.firstshift.ca/for-hosts/
THE NHL/NHLPA FIRST SHIFT MAKES HOCKEY:
- Manageable (time commitment)
PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION FEE OF $299 INCLUDES:
- BAUER Equipment (Head-to-Toe)
- Welcome Event
- Equipment fitting demonstration
- Expert fit session and equipment distribution
- A Program Maximum Capacity: 45 participants, 10 on ice instructors
- B Program Maximum Capacity: 30 participants, 7 on ice instructors
ON-ICE EXPERIENCE INCLUDING:
- 6 Weeks, 1 session/week, 1 hour on a consistent day and time
- Focus on Fun and Learn to Play
- Insurance for participants
HOCKEY CANADA ON-ICE CURRICULUM
Hockey Canada has created a fun curriculum that focuses on:
- Small areas games and skills stations active
- Wide variety of skating skills, puck handling, passing and shooting exercises
- Discovering the sport through variety of basic motor movement patterns
- Fun games to ensure participants enjoy a full range of hockey experiences
For more information on the NHL/NHLPA First Shift Program please visit firstshift.ca.