The NHL/NHLPA First Shift program is a truly unique experience designed to help kids fall in love with hockey. The six-week learn to play program continues to focus on having fun while learning basic skills. Full head-to-toe Bauer equipment is included with registration.
The NHL/NHLPA First Shift mission is to change the way hockey is offered, to inspire new families to join our community, and enroll their kids in our sport. Because of the program’s belief in all that hockey has to offer kids, their families and our communities, the NHL/NHLPA First Shift was designed to make hockey accessible, affordable, safe and most importantly, fun!
Online registration for the 2023-24 NHL/NHLPA First Shift program is now open!
THE NHL/NHLPA FIRST SHIFT MAKES HOCKEY:
- Manageable (time commitment)
PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION FEE OF $299 INCLUDES:
- BAUER Equipment (Head-to-Toe)
- Welcome Event
- Equipment fitting demonstration
- Expert fit session and equipment distribution
- A Program Maximum Capacity: 45 participants, 10 on ice instructors
- B Program Maximum Capacity: 30 participants, 7 on ice instructors
ON-ICE EXPERIENCE INCLUDING:
- 6 Weeks, 1 session/week, 1 hour on a consistent day and time
- Focus on Fun and Learn to Play
- Insurance for participants
HOCKEY CANADA ON-ICE CURRICULUM
Hockey Canada has created a fun curriculum that focuses on:
- Small areas games and skills stations active
- Wide variety of skating skills, puck handling, passing and shooting exercises
- Discovering the sport through variety of basic motor movement patterns
- Fun games to ensure participants enjoy a full range of hockey experiences
For more information on the NHL/NHLPA First Shift Program please visit firstshift.ca.