The Chevrolet Hockey program seeks to inspire young Canadians to be better people by promoting the positive values learned through hockey, and acting on them by performing Good Deeds in their community.
The Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup program was launched for the 2016-17 season. Over the past three years, thousands of Good Deeds have been completed by teams in cities and towns across Canada.
The Good Deeds Cup Champions receive:
- A feature profiling the team on a nationally broadcast hockey game
- Winners ceremony in the team’s home town with hockey ambassadors and the Good Deeds Cup
- A monetary donation from Chevrolet on behalf of the winning team to the charity of their choice
- A Good Deeds Cup Championship banner to hang in the team’s home arena
- The team’s name engraved on the Good Deeds Cup
Some examples of Good Deeds:
- Visit an animal shelter
- Spend time as a team at a retirement home
- Cleaning up waste around your community
- Visit sick kids at a hospital
- Volunteer at a food bank
- Shovel neighborhood driveways or rake leaves
- Come up with your own good deed
Team Kit FAQs
The kit is a premium coach’s hockey bag filled with items to help your team perform on the ice, while introducing them to the values learned through hockey that will help both on and off the ice.
Each kit comes with a puck bag, the Good Deeds Golden Puck, Chevrolet Good Deeds Cup stickers and a coach’s board. These tools are provided to develop your players on the ice, and to recognize the importance of doing good off the ice.
No. Everything is being given to your team courtesy of Chevrolet, as part of their ongoing support of minor hockey in Canada and their goal of helping kids have the best possible on and off ice experiences.
Unfortunately not. Chevrolet is keeping orders to one kit per Peewee team to allow the maximum number of teams across Canada to participate in the program.
Ideally, the Peewee coach should order the team kit as each order gets verified by Hockey Canada to ensure the team operates under their umbrella. However, someone other than the coach can input the registration on behalf of the coach as long as the application contains the information for the team’s registered coach.
It takes up to 5 days to verify that you're a Peewee coach under Hockey Canada and can take an additional 3-4 weeks for your kit to arrive.
If you're a coach of two teams, you'll be able to order for each as long as both teams are registered in the Peewee age group for Hockey Canada.
Please reach out to us at email@example.com