The Female Under-13 Prospects program has been developed to provide a competitive skill development program for 1st and 2nd year Under-13 players.
Modeled after the current male Director’s Cup Prospects, this program is designed as an introduction into the Hockey Manitoba Under-16 and Under-18 Program of Excellence.
The mission of this program is to introduce prospective U-18 players to the concepts and skills required to play at the National level before their entrance into the Program of Excellence.
- Open to 2010 and 2011 born female athletes.
- Registration and tryouts conducted through individual regions with each region allotted a full roster of 12 Forwards, 6 Defence and 2 Goaltenders. Winnipeg allotted three full rosters.
- Program operates over two weekends with the Regional Development Weekend (March 17 - 19, 2023) and Female Prospects Tournament Weekend (April 14 - 16, 2023 in Portage la Prairie, Stride Place)
- Program branded CCM Custom Uniforms.
- Tentative cost set at $300/athlete
- Registration takes place within your home region (contact your regional minor hockey office).
- Players are identified through a regional tryout process (dates determined by your home region).
- Players selected for the Female Under-13 Prospects in their region will then register with Hockey Manitoba via a central registration portal where all applicable program fees are paid.
Director, Hockey Development – Hockey Manitoba
Program Supported By
Senior Coordinator, Player Development – Hockey Manitoba