The Female Program of Excellence is designed to provide high performance female players with the opportunity to develop advanced skills as well as an introduction to the concepts needed to play at an elite level. Players from the Program of Excellence go on to play at the CIS, NCAA and International level.
The Female U16 Program of Excellence is being redesigned as a development focused program for Female Under-16 athletes in Manitoba. The goal of the program will be to teach our up-and-coming female athletes the skills, concepts and tactics specific to the Female U18 Program of Excellence, ensuring that these athletes are given the proper development time in order to move to the U18 level and beyond.
Hockey Manitoba will no longer be selecting a Female U16 Team Manitoba and instead will be focusing on skill and player development camps.
- Athletes for the 2022 – 2023 Female Program of Excellence must have been born between Jan 1, 2007 and Dec 31, 2008.
- For an athlete to be eligible for selection into POE they MUST be registered with a sanctioned program within Hockey Manitoba (AAA, AA, A or Sport School).
- Athletes that participate in the WWHSHL are ineligible for the Female Program of Excellence UNLESS they are also registered to a sanctioned minor hockey program.
June 3 - 5, 2022
Bell MTS Iceplex
- Registration for the Evaluation Tournament will begin March 30, 2022 and close on April 6, 2022.
- The Evaluation Tournament will be open to all interested athletes born between January 1, 2007 and December 31, 2008.
- Athletes will be placed onto teams to participate in exhibition games which will be evaluated by a selected team of coaches and evaluators.
Female U-16 Director of Operations; Sr. Coordinator, Player Development – Hockey Manitoba