Hockey Manitoba requires every registered team to have a certified Safety Person on the team’s roster by December 1st of the current season. A Safety Person is required to complete the HU Online – Safety course and have an up to date Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders certification.
The HU Online – Safety course is a risk management and safety program. All Safety People are taught to utilize a proactive, preventative approach while being prepared to react in the event of accidents, injuries, and medical emergencies.
- You can begin this by going to the Respect in Sport page via the following link - http://hmb.respectgroupinc.com/koala_final/
- On the Respect in sport page you will need to create an account and then go through the steps to complete this course.
- Once you have completed your Respect in Sport it will create a corresponding profile in the new HCR 3.0 database.
- You will now need to go to the HCR 3.0 database - https://account.spordle.com/login?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fregister.hockeycanada.ca%2Fhome - and create an account on the database using your email.
- After creating your account you will need to link your member profile that was created following your completion of Respect in Sport. To do this you click on the “link a member” option and search by your first name, last name and DOB.
- This should bring up your member profile and you can go through the steps to link this profile to your account.
- After linking your profile you can register for the HU – Online Safety course by clicking HERE.
- Follow the prompts to complete registration.
- Following your registration you will receive a link to begin completing the online course.
- If you have any questions relating to the registration process, please contact Ben Blankstein, Coordinator, Coach Development at bblankstein@hockeymanitoba.
Managers for registered teams are required to complete Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders by January 10th of the current season.
Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders certifications must be from 2017 – 2018 or more recent in order to be accepted for the 2022 – 2023 season.
If you have a Respect in Sport for Activity Leader Certification from another sport follow these steps to add Hockey to your profile:
- Log into your Respect in Sport account
- Click on the PROFILE tab at the top of the page
- Select the “Assign Profile to Other Associations” tab on the left side of the screen
- Open the Sport Manitoba Tab (click on the + sign)
- Open the Hockey Tab (Click on the + sign)
- Select your Hockey Association
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Save Changes” button
- If you have already completed the Respect in Sport - Coaches and Activity leaders course within the past 5 years you can bypass this step.
- If you have never completed the in Respect in Sport - Coaches and Activity leaders course or completed it during the 2016-17 season or prior please follow the steps below:
- Access the Respect in Sport database by clicking HERE
- If you have an existing profile log-in using your email and password. If you are new to RIS create a new account.
- Please ensure when creating a new account that your birth date and name match what is listed on your eHockey participate profile.
- Once you have logged in or created a new account ensure that you select HOCKEY and your MINOR HOCKEY ASSOCIATION as your associated groups to ensure that it links to your eHockey profile.
- You can now go through and complete the online course.
- Please ensure that once you have completed the online course you also complete the survey at the end as it will not list your course as completed until the survey is done.