Hockey Manitoba requires every registered team to have a certified Safety Person on the team’s roster by December 1st of the current season. A Safety Person is required to complete the HU Online – Safety course and have an up to date Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders certification.
The HU Online – Safety course is a risk management and safety program. All Safety People are taught to utilize a proactive, preventative approach while being prepared to react in the event of accidents, injuries, and medical emergencies.
The HU Online – Safety course will be open for registration beginning on Friday August 18th.
Managers for registered teams are required to complete Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders by January 10th of the current season.
Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders certifications must be from 2018 – 2019 or more recent in order to be accepted for the 2023 – 2024 season.
If you have a Respect in Sport for Activity Leader Certification from another sport follow these steps to add Hockey to your profile:
- Log into your Respect in Sport account
- Click on the PROFILE tab at the top of the page
- Select the “Assign Profile to Other Associations” tab on the left side of the screen
- Open the Sport Manitoba Tab (click on the + sign)
- Open the Hockey Tab (Click on the + sign)
- Select your Hockey Association
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Save Changes” button