Hockey Canada B.C. Hockey Hockey Alberta Hockey Saskatchewan Hockey Manitoba Hockey Northwestern Ontario Ontario Hockey Federation Hockey Eastern Ontario Hockey Quebec Hockey New Brunswick Hockey P.E.I. Hockey Nova Scotia Hockey Newfoundland Hockey North

Insurance Program

All members that are properly registered with Hockey Manitoba are covered by the Hockey Canada Insurance program. This plan is designed to provide coverage for those who might otherwise not be covered by any other group health insurance plan. It can also serve as a supplement to other similar coverage an individual or family may hold, to achieve maximum allowable coverage. It is not applicable as an addition when another plan’s coverage meets or exceeds the allowable amount. If you have primary insurance you must make a claim to them first. If you have maximized those benefits you need to send in documentation to Hockey Manitoba verify this. You can then claim any additional expense through Hockey Canada.

This program augments Provincial, Medical and Hospital plans while covering players, coaches, referees and other designated volunteers against accidents that occur during participation in a Hockey Canada/Branch sanctioned activity.

It is the responsibility of the injured person (or parent if under the age of 18) to submit the report. If there are any issues or further information this is who will be contacted.

When are you covered?
  • Hockey Canada/Branch sanctioned events (league games, tournaments, practices, training camps, sanctioned fundraisers) when playing member teams only!
  • Transportation directly to and from the arena or venue.
  • Accommodations while billeted or at a hotel during a Hockey Canada/Branch sanctioned hockey activity.
How do I make a claim?

#1 - SECURE a Hockey Canada Injury Report Form from your team or Minor Hockey Association. You can also visit the “Members” section of the Hockey Manitoba website:

#2 - COMPLETE the form in its entirety. Have your team official complete the team section and your Doctor/Dentist complete the back of the form.

#3 - SUBMIT the fully completed form to your Branch office (along with any receipts or invoices) within 90 days of the date of injury.


  • Only Injury Report Forms received in the Branch office within 90 days of the date of injury will be accepted. Forms must be completed in their entirety or the forms will be returned.
  • If you do not send any receipts/invoices you will not get a response. Your claim will remain open for 365 days. It is up to you to submit the appropriate paperwork for reimbursement.
  • Only original receipts and/or invoices are acceptable (If originals have been forwarded to a primary insurer, copies are acceptable). DO NOT FAX IN CLAIMS
  • Hockey Manitoba recommends that members pay ambulance invoices and request personal reimbursement. Hockey Canada will not cover any late charges to these invoices and the reimbursement process can take some time.
  • Hockey Canada is strictly a supplemental insurer.  If you have access to any other insurance, you MUST pursue your claim through them first.  Hockey Canada shall cover those costs not covered by your primary insurance to our policy limits.
  • For all teams travelling to the USA for sanctioned tournaments/games:  All players MUST have some form of primary insurance to be eligible for Hockey Canada’s supplemental insurance
  • To all teams acquiring players from the USA:  all USA players MUST have primary insurance coverage to be eligible for Hockey Canada’s supplemental insurance.


Further information on coverage, policy limits and additional features of the Insurance Program can be found in the “Safety Requires Teamwork & Safety for all” document.