INITIATION COACH CLINICS Presented by Tim Hortons
As a committment to the development of players & coaches in our province, all IP Level clinics are free of charge to Hockey Manitoba members of the current season. Members are those who are officially registered by Hockey Manitoba as a player, coach, or official of the current season of the clinic.
Hockey Canada’s Initiation Program is specifically designed for coaches working with the first time athlete, aged 5-8. The program focuses on helping coaches introduce and refine the most fundamental skills in hockey, such as skating, stopping, turning, puck handling, passing and shooting. Coaches taking an Initiation Program clinic will learn about Growth and Development, Lesson Organization, Communication/Leadership and Teaching Skills and Skill Analysis.
The Initiation Program is a six (6) hour instructional clinic;including a 1-hour on-ice session. All clinic participants will receive an (1) Initiation Program Skills Manual at their clinic.
PLEASE NOTE: The Initiation Program is NOT a pre-requisite to the Coach Level. Please see Certification Requirements if you are unsure about the certification course you require.
All TEAM STAFF (coaches, managers, safety persons) must have Respect In Sport certification by December 1.
REGISTER FOR AN INITIATION PROGRAM CLINIC
Hockey Manitoba is pleased to offer online registration through the Hockey Canada eHockey system. Each clinic runs from 8:30AM to 2:30PM and must be attended in it’s entirety. Clinic and materials are free of charge for current Hockey Manitoba members.
eHockey Registration Tips:
- Create or log into your eHockey account
- Add or create “Member” to associate with your account
- You may add multiple members to your eHockey account
- If clinic is FULL we cannot take requests to add you in, you must attend another location
- If all clincis are FULL and you cannot complete the certification this season you must contact your Minor Hockey Association on how to proceed
CLICK HERE FOR INITIATION PROGRAM CLINICS
When at registration page, sort list by Type: *Coach – Initiation Program
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES:
- CLINICS WITH REGISTRATION NUMBERS OF LESS THAN 12 PARTICIPANTS ARE SUBJECT TO CANCELLATION. PARTICIPANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED 2 DAYS PRIOR IF CLINIC IS CANCELLED.
- REMEMBER WHEN REGISTERING THAT THERE IS A $30 ADMIN. CHARGE TO CHANGE/CANCEL CLINICS
- REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR HELMET, SKATES, AND GLOVES FOR THE ON-ICE SESSION
- ADDITIONAL SKILLS MANUALS CAN BE PURCHASED FOR $40 (GST INCLUDED)