ALL TEAM STAFF (Coaches, Managers, Safety Persons) must complete Respect In Sport by December 1.
Previous Speak Out certification is considered equivalent to Respect In Sport (only in Hockey).
Respect in Sport Program is an education program for coaches to assist them in the prevention of harassment, abuse and bullying in sport. The purpose of the program is to impact on attitudes, skills, and knowledge of the coaches that will result in a safe, sportsmanlike environment for all players, coaches, and parents.
RESPECT IN SPORT – PARENT PROGRAM CLICK HERE (requirement for Hockey Winnipeg parents)
Respect in Sport Program is only offered online and is a total of 3 hours in length.
The course consists of 6 modules, each 30 minutes in length.
RESPECT IN SPORT – REGISTRATION INFO
Please read carefully before entering the Respect in Sport website:
If you have questions regarding the Respect in Sport (RIS) curriculum or your passwords: please consult the RIS Course Instructions or the FAQ OR HELP links on the Respect In Sport website.
Please ensure you have speakers and/or a headset attached to your computer and they are turned on.
- Click on the “Respect in Sport” below and a new window will open.
- Choose your desired language
- On the next page find “New Registration” which is on the right side of the web page
- VERY IMPORTANT STEP: Select “Hockey” from the drop down menu and your primary minor hockey association (or league).
- Complete the registration form as best as possible, please note the username and password are case specific. HINT: To avoid forgetting, choose a common user name and password when registering (i.e. same as your email or other online accounts)
- Once you have clicked submit and all information has been accepted, you will be taken directly to the main page of the course curriculum.
- Enter your username and password, then click submit
- To return to where you left off in the course, click on the first module and/or section button without checkmarks in them.
- If you’ve forgotten your RIS username or password please contact the help desk email/phone provided on the RIS website.
- If you’ve taken RIS for another sport and want to apply it to Hockey, please log-in and add “Hockey” to your profile, be sure to also include your Minor Hockey Association. Hockey Manitoba can only view individuals with “Hockey” listed in their RIS profile.