Hockey Manitoba is proud represent a rich tradition of hockey excellence for nearly 100 years. Our sport is embedded into the fabric of our province’s society therefore it is an honour to be a part of the passion and dedication shared by so many fellow Manitobans!
Hockey Manitoba was established in 1914 as the Manitoba Amateur Hockey Association (MAHA). In 1995 the Association registered the business name “Hockey Manitoba”, now only for Legal proceedings shall the organization be referred as Manitoba Amateur Hockey Association (MAHA). For all other purposes, the organization is known as Hockey Manitoba.
Hockey Manitoba is an organization of voluntary members and a small professional staff unit designed to promote and develop amateur hockey throughout Manitoba in affiliation with Hockey Canada, Sport Manitoba, and our member Regional Hockey Associations, Minor Hockey Associations and Leagues.
Each season Hockey Manitoba registers approximately 30,000 members through various hockey programs. This inlcudes all coaches, officials, players and volunteers who represent a wide demographic of ages from both genders and a variety of cultural backgrounds.
OUR OBJECTIVES AS A GOVERNING BODY
The objectives of Hockey Manitoba are as follows:
- To develop a planned program of leadership in all areas related to the development of Hockey in Manitoba.
- To promote, form and govern senior, junior, recreational and minor hockey for both males and females and such other categories which may be established within the province of Manitoba.
- To facilitate development programs for our coaches and officials
- To secure the enforcement of the rules of the game of hockey as adopted by Hockey Manitoba and to decide and adjust all matters in disputes between various clubs affiliated with Hockey Manitoba.
- To conduct matches between member clubs to determine provincial champions and representatives to inter-provincial championships and Hockey Canada Championships.
- To encourage, develop and foster amateur hockey in the province of Manitoba.
OUR BELIEF STATEMENTS
Hockey Manitoba Believes…
- In a positive hockey experience for all participants, in a safe, sportsmanlike environment.
- In the development of life skills which will benefit participants throughout their lives.
- In the values of fair play and sportsmanship, including the development of respect for all people by all participants.
- In hockey opportunities for all people regardless of age, gender, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion or socio-economic status.
- In the importance for participants to develop dignity and self-esteem.
- To instill the values of honesty and integrity in participants at all times.
- In the promotion of teamwork, and the belief that what groups and society can achieve as a whole is greater than that which can be achieved by individuals.
- In the Province of Manitoba, its tradition in the game of hockey, and the proud and successful representation of this tradition around Canada.
- In the value of hard work, determination, the pursuit of excellence and success in all activities.
- In the benefits of personal and physical well-being.
OUR OFFICIAL LOGO
Consistent visual standards are essential in creating a strong brand identity. By adhering to these standards, we ensure the proper representation of our organization’s image, while continuing to build the equity of our brand.
Hockey Manitoba’s visual standards reflect our pride in representing a rich tradition of hockey excellence in the community. It also reinforces our image in the non-profit sports community as an established and professional organization. Remaining consistent in the way we represent ourselves enhances the clarity and focus of our messaging to our vast and ever growing audience.