Officials Development Committee (ODC)
2.1.1. Director of Officials (D of O)
- Chair the Officials’ Development Committee
- Provide rule interpretation and liaison with Hockey Canada
- Update and work on setting policy and guidelines for the Officials’ Development Committee.
- It is suggested the appointment be for a two-year term
2.1.2. Communication and Special Projects Coordinator (Member at Large)
- Support for officials involved in hearings and appeals
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Referee week promotion
2.1.3. Referee Conduct Coordinator
- Liaise with the referee-in-chief to deal with referee conduct
- Follow the process for dealing with complaints
- Work with Level IV-VI on complaints
- Work with League Referees-in-Chief regarding complaints in specific regions or leagues
- Work with Mentoring and Evaluation Coordinator
- Support for officials involved in physical abuse situations.
- Act as a resource for Regional Coordinators who have received complaints.
2.1.4. Coordinator of Mentoring and Evaluation Committee
- Chair the Mentoring and Evaluation Committee
- Liaise with the RRC (Regional Referee Coordinators) and ARIC on the mentoring of developmental stream officials
- Establish & coordinate Mentorship Clinics within Regions and set up and maintain a database of “mentors” within the Grassroots Program
2.1.5. Coordinator of Education and Clinic Committee
- Chair the Education and Clinic Committee
- Communicate with Branch Director of Operations and Hockey Canada re new clinic & educational developments
- Coordinate Officiating Certification Clinics & plan Instructor Sessions
- Liaise with the RRCs and Instructors on a regular basis
- Coordinate the assigning of Instructors to staff all clinics.
- Officials qualification and advancement issues
- Evaluation of instructors and training