HOCKEY MANITOBA FACE-OFF FESTIVAL LAUNCHES OCT 30
The Hockey Manitoba Face-Off Festival will be one of the largest and most impactful grassroots initiatives developed in recent years. The scope of the project sees a collaborative hosting effort by Hockey Manitoba, its regional bodies and minor hockey associations. With 20+ host sites across the province the festival will engage over 3,000 Initiation (4-6) aged players this season!
The objectives of this initiative are to create a fun and exciting event for players while promoting the benefit of cross-ice hockey and skill development, provide information to parents on Long-Term Player Development principles and the “Made in Manitoba” Player Development Model. The program will also serve to create a sustainable Initiation Coach Mentorship program throughout the branch. Over the next three years, Hockey Canada and Hockey Manitoba are committing over $200,000 to the promotion and development of grassroots hockey.
Each Face-Off event will consist of:
- FREE entry for all registered Initiation teams
- Cross-ice skills and game session for players (1 hr)
- Long-term player development education for parents
- Coach mentorship and support specific to Initiation age
- Festival atmosphere with music, Oh Canada, and other fun activities for players
- Each player receives a CCM special edition Hockey Manitoba Face-Off toque
- Each parent receives a hard copy of “Made In Manitoba” Player Development Model
The Hockey Manitoba Face-Off will launch Sunday, October 30 in Winnipeg at the MTS Iceplex with South Winnipeg Hockey Association and Fort Garry North Hockey Association. The festival events will carry on throughout each region of Winnipeg and the province until early December with 20+ host sites.