VOLUNTEER OF THE MONTH
Gilles lives in Winnipeg and is a tireless volunteer that has a big heart and loves helping kids enjoy our great game of hockey. He has a constant presence at the arena and is extremely involved within the St. Boniface minor hockey community.
Gilles was born and raised in St. Boniface and played his minor hockey out of Notre Dame Community Club. He then went on to play AA for the Seals, Junior B with the Saints and finally Major Junior for the Riels.
Some of his involvement and accomplishments include:
– Hockey convenor for the Notre Dame Community Club
– Coach of the 7/8 House League team and 9A1 St. Boniface Seals
– Ice convenor and Board member, St. Boniface Minor Hockey Association
– On committee that developed amalgamation proposal that resulted in the return of the “Seals” and ensured compliance with WMHA regulations
– Coordinated ordering and distribution of all new Seals sweater
– Always involved with try-outs and other team organization
Gilles has been married to his lovely wife Christine for 13 years and has three children: Karina (12), Justin (9) and Eric (8) who are ALL playing hockey.
Hockey Manitoba would like to congratulate Gilles as the October 2007 Volunteer of the Month.
The purpose of the Hockey Manitoba Volunteer of the Month Award is to recognize outstanding commitment and significant contributions to the game of hockey in Manitoba.
(1) Nominee must be a resident of Manitoba.
(2) Nominee must be an amateur hockey volunteer in any capacity at the Hockey Manitoba, Regional, League, Association or Community Club level.
(3) Contributions made to hockey over past years will be considered, however, nominee must be active in the current year.
Nomination applications complete with a listing of the nominee’s accomplishments and contributions must be submitted to the Hockey Manitoba office via mail, e-mail or fax. Nomination forms can be downloaded here A picture of the nominee should also be sent via email.
Forms will be accepted from September 1st – April 30th of the current season. Award winners will be announced from October – May. All winners will be presented with a commemorative crystal plaque and antique desk clock courtesy of Awards & More. Please note only monthly winners will be contacted.
Nominations should be forwarded to the Hockey Manitoba office:
217 – 200 Main St.
Winnipeg, MB R3C 4M2