Hockey Manitoba is proud to celebrate the 6th Annual National Coaches Week (September 19, 2020 – September 27, 2020) presented by the Coaching Association of Canada and Territorial Coaching Representatives.
Beginning on Saturday September 19th, Hockey Manitoba in conjunction with Sport Manitoba will be running a week long social media campaign (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook) where we will be encouraging players and parents to acknowledge their hockey coaches that have had a positive impact on them by posting messages, pictures and videos on social media using the hashtags #ThanksCoach and #CoachesWeek while tagging @HockeyManitoba and @SportManitoba for a chance to win great prizes.
We will also be highlighting some of Hockey Manitoba’s coaching resources throughout the week such as the Hockey Manitoba Coach Tool Kit and the Hockey Canada Network App.
FREE NCCP Online Courses for Manitoba Coaches
Sport Manitoba will be offering online NCCP courses and free professional development (PD) throughout National Coaches Week:
FREE Online Courses Through the Locker
• NCCP Coach Initiation Sport https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#CIS-E
• NCCP Coaching Athletes with a Disability https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#CAWAD-E
• NCCP Making Headway in Sport https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#MHW
• NCCP Emergency Action Plan https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#EAP-E
• NCCP Nutrition https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#SN-E
• NCCP Safe Sport Training https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#SS
FREE NCCP Online Courses for Manitoba Coaches Through Sport Manitoba Coaching
• Sunday, Sept. 20 from 6 pm-10 pm – NCCP Make Ethical Decisions
• Monday, Sept. 21 from 6 pm-9 pm – NCCP Leading Drug Free Sport
• Tuesday, Sept. 22 from 8 pm-9 pm – Canada Games Coaches (Closed Session)
• Wednesday, Sept. 23 from 5 pm-9:30 pm – NCCP Managing Conflict
• Wednesday, Sept. 23 from 10 am-11:30 am – Supporting your coaches! (Non-NCCP)
• Thursday, Sept. 24 from 8 pm-9:30 pm – Female Mentorship Kick-Off (Closed Session – Zoom)
• Sunday, Sept. 27 from 9 am-1 pm – NCCP Managing a Sport Program
FREE In-Person NCCP/PD Courses for Manitoba Coaches
• Sunday, Sept. 20 from 9 am-12:30 pm – Basic Taping
• Monday, Sept. 21 from 9 am-4:30 pm – NCCP Mentorship
• Friday, Sept. 25 from 5:00 pm – 7pm – Leadership Philosophy Sharing Circle & Traditional Games
hosted by MASRC
• Saturday, Sept. 26 from 9 am-4 pm – Aboriginal Coaching Module hosted by MASRC
All online and in-person courses listed above are FREE to Manitoba coaches during National Coaches Week. Anyone who takes a course throughout the week will be entered into a draw for prize packs.
To register, please email Bree Langlais, Sport Manitoba Coaching’s Coach Education Coordinator, at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Limited spots available.
You can also visit the Sport Manitoba Coaching News & Events page for a list of free NCCP courses offered during National Coaches Week.
About National Coaches Week:
National Coaches Week celebrates the positive impact coaches have on athletes, participants, and communities across Canada. This week is an opportunity to recognize coaches for the integral role they play by saying #ThanksCoach.
With virtual activities held across the country to celebrate coaching, National Coaches Week provides coaches with the recognition they deserve for the time they devote to ensuring Canadians live an active, healthy lifestyle.
For more information on events happening in your region, visit www.coach.ca/nationalcoachesweek or contact your Provincial or Territorial Coaching Representative.