100TH ANNIVERSARY MINOR HOCKEY SUMMIT
WINNIPEG, MB – Hockey Manitoba is pleased to announce the details and schedule for the 100th Anniversary Minor Hockey Summit presented by Scotiabank on September 26-27, 2014 at Canad Inns Polo Park in Winnipeg.
The Summit will bring together stakeholders from across the province to discuss important issues within our game today and how to effectively implement long-term player development principles within all minor hockey. A core focus on player development, membership services, volunteer support and changes to the delivery of hockey within Manitoba will headline the agenda during the weekend. Bill Whitehead, President of Hockey Manitoba, comments on the initiative, “it is extremely important that all fellow hockey leaders from Minor Hockey Associations, Community Clubs and Leagues are in attendance but it is imperative that coaches, parents, volunteers and officials take part in this special event to help shape the minor hockey game for years to come.”
Throughout the weekend various interviews, presentations and workshops will take place including:
- Hockey Hot Stove
- 1-on-1 with Paul Carson
- Leadership Seminar
- Minor Hockey Association Registrar Workshop
- Minor Hockey Summit – Player Development
- 100th Anniversary Presentation
CLICK HERE FOR FULL SCHEDULE & DETAILS
The 100th Anniversary Minor Hockey Summit presented by Scotiabank will feature an outstanding group of special guests and presenters that will provide a unique insight into the game today:
- Kevin Cheveldayoff (General Manager, Winnipeg Jets)
- Paul Carson (Vice President of Development, Hockey Canada)
- George Kingston (Managing Director, NHL Coaches’ Association)
- Dr. Stephen Norris (Long-Term Athlete Development specialist)
- Jim Parcels (Co-author of “Selling the Dream”)
- David Hartley (Renowned non-profit Consultant)
CLICK HERE FOR FULL BIOS ON OUR SPECIAL GUESTS
- Minor Hockey Summit All-access pass
- Registration Fee: $40 plus GST
- Access to all interviews, presentations and workshops throughout the weekend
- Includes free beverage and hors d’oeuvres on Friday evening & lunch on Saturday
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR OPTION 1
- Leadership Seminar
- Registration Fee: $25 plus GST
- Access to both Leadership Seminar sessions on Saturday
- Includes lunch
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR OPTION 2
Individuals requiring accommodations at Canad Inns Polo are asked to make reservations by August 31st to guarantee their rooms. We are happy to provide a special guest room rate of $105 per night. Please contact Canad Inns reservations at 1-888-332-2623 and indicate you are booking under the “Hockey Manitoba Summit” code 253607.
Hockey Manitoba will also be holding a number of prize draws for all registrants including the chance to win Winnipeg Jets tickets, 100th Anniversary apparel and gift certificates. In addition, we will award $1,000 Reebok-CCM equipment grants to two lucky Minor Hockey Associations. For more information on the Hockey Manitoba 100th Anniversary Minor Hockey Summit presented by Scotiabank please CLICK HERE.
For more information regarding specific details about Hockey Manitoba 100th Anniversary events and programs please visit www.hockeymanitoba.ca/100. Hockey Manitoba thanks its Official Partners for their contribution to the development of amateur hockey; Canad Inns, Cargill Ltd., Reebok-CCM Hockey, Royal Sports and Scotiabank. Hockey Manitoba also recognizes key media and event partners of the Hockey Manitoba 100th Anniversary; TSN 1290, Winnipeg Free Press, Esdale Printing and Manitoba Chamber of Commerce. Hockey Manitoba recognizes the contributions of its Sport & Community Partners; Hockey Canada, Sport Manitoba, Western Hockey League, Manitoba Junior Hockey League, MTS Iceplex, Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame, Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club and Winnipeg Jets True North Foundation.
Visit www.hockeymanitoba.ca for current news, information & events or connect with Hockey Manitoba on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.