Hockey Manitoba is proud to celebrate the 7th Annual National Coaches Week (September 18, 2021 – September 26, 2021) presented by the Coaching Association of Canada and Territorial Coaching Representatives.
Beginning on Saturday September 18th, Hockey Manitoba in conjunction with Sport Manitoba will be running a week long social media campaign (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook) where we will be encouraging players and parents to acknowledge their hockey coaches that have had a positive impact on them by posting messages, pictures and videos on social media using the hashtags #ThanksCoach and #CoachesWeek while tagging @HockeyManitoba and @SportManitoba for a chance to win great prizes.
We will also be highlighting some coaching resources throughout the week such as the Hockey Manitoba Coach Tool Kit and the Hockey Canada Network App.
Sport Manitoba will be offering online NCCP courses and free professional development (PD) throughout National Coaches Week:
FREE NCCP Online Courses – Sport Manitoba Coaching
- Saturday, Sept. 18 from 8:30 am – 1:00 pm – NCCP Coaching & Leading Effectively 1/2
- Sunday, Sept. 19 from 8:30 am – 1:00 pm – NCCP Coaching & Leading Effectively 2/2
- Monday, Sept. 20 from 6:00 pm-10:00 pm – NCCP Make Ethical Decisions
- Tuesday, Sept. 21 from 8:00 pm-9:30 pm – Canada Games Coaches (Closed Session)
- Wednesday, Sept. 22 from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm – Gender Neutral Language Training for Manitoba Coaches
- Thursday, Sept. 23 from 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm – NCCP Basic Mental Skills
- Sunday, Sept 26 from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm – NCCP Make Ethical Decisions
FREE In-Person Courses – Sport Manitoba Coaching – 145 Pacific Avenue
- Monday, Sept. 20 from 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm – NCCP Make Ethical Decisions
- Saturday, Sept. 25 from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm – Aboriginal Coaching Module
- Sunday, Sept 26 from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm – NCCP Fundamental Movement Skills
All online and in-person courses listed above are FREE to Manitoba coaches during National Coaches Week.
To register for Sport Manitoba Coaching’s online or in-person courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
FREE Online Courses – The Locker
- NCCP Coach Initiation Sport https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#CIS-E
- NCCP Coaching Athletes with a Disability https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#CAWAD-E
- NCCP Making Headway in Sport https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#MHW
- NCCP Emergency Action Plan https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#EAP-E
- NCCP Nutrition https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#SN-E
- Safe Sport Training https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#SS
- Mental Health in Sport : https://coach.ca/mental-health-sport
- Leading a Return to Sport Participation: https://coach.ca/leading-return-sport-participation
- Support Through Sport: Understanding Teen Dating Violence: https://coach.ca/support-through-sport-understanding-teen-dating-violence
You can also visit the Sport Manitoba Coaching News & Events page for a list of free NCCP courses offered during National Coaches Week.
About National Coaches Week:
National Coaches Week celebrates the positive impact coaches have on athletes, participants, and communities across Canada. This week is an opportunity to recognize coaches for the integral role they play by saying #ThanksCoach.
With virtual activities held across the country to celebrate coaching, National Coaches Week provides coaches with the recognition they deserve for the time they devote to ensuring Canadians live an active, healthy lifestyle.
For more information on events happening in your region, visit www.coach.ca/nationalcoachesweek or contact your Provincial or Territorial Coaching Representative.