Hockey Manitoba is proud to celebrate the 8th Annual National Coaches Week from September 17, 2022 to September 25, 2022 presented by the Coaching Association of Canada and Territorial Coaching Representatives.
Beginning on Saturday September 17th, Hockey Manitoba in conjunction with Sport Manitoba will be running a week long social media campaign (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook) where we will be encouraging players and parents to acknowledge their hockey coaches that have had a positive impact on them by posting messages, pictures and videos on social media using the hashtags #ThanksCoach and #CoachesWeek while tagging @HockeyManitoba and @SportManitoba for a chance to win great prizes.
We will also be highlighting some coaching resources throughout the week such as the Hockey Canada Network App.
Sport Manitoba will be offering online NCCP courses and free professional development (PD) throughout National Coaches Week:
FREE NCCP Online Courses – Sport Manitoba Coaching
- Commit to Kids – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free access code!
- NCCP Make Ethical Decisions (Comp-Intro) Sept. 18 from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- NCCP Make Ethical Decisions (Comp-Intro) – Sept. 19, 21, 22, and 23 from 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- NCCP Managing Conflict (Comp-Dev) – Sunday, Sept. 25 from 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Maximizing Coach Mental Well-Being – Professional Development Session (1 PD Point) – Wednesday, Sept. 21 from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
FREE In-Person Courses – Sport Manitoba Coaching – 145 Pacific Avenue
- Aboriginal Coaching Modules (Hosted by MASRC) – Saturday, Sept. 17 from 9 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. To register for this course, please contact email@example.com
- NCCP Make Ethical Decisions (Comp-Intro) – Thursday, Sept. 22 from 5:45 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Taping 1 Course (3 PD Points) – Saturday, Sept. 24 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
All online and in-person courses listed above are FREE to Manitoba coaches during National Coaches Week.
To register for Sport Manitoba Coaching’s online or in-person courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also visit the Sport Manitoba Coaching News & Events page for a list of free NCCP courses offered during National Coaches Week.
A Week of Giveaways!
Sport Manitoba Coaching will be giving away Coaching Association of Canada & Sport Manitoba Coaching swag, gift cards, and more valued up to $100! Throughout the week, nominate a coach for a Night of Champions coaching award, or attend an NCCP or professional development session with Sport Manitoba Coaching for a chance to win great prizes!
About National Coaches Week:
National Coaches Week celebrates the positive impact coaches have on athletes, participants, and communities across Canada. This week is an opportunity to recognize coaches for the integral role they play by saying #ThanksCoach.
With virtual activities held across the country to celebrate coaching, National Coaches Week provides coaches with the recognition they deserve for the time they devote to ensuring Canadians live an active, healthy lifestyle.
For more information on events happening in your region, visit www.coach.ca/nationalcoachesweek or contact your Provincial or Territorial Coaching Representative.