Hockey Manitoba is proud to celebrate the 9th Annual National Coaches Week from September 16, 2023 to September 24, 2023 presented by the Coaching Association of Canada and Territorial Coaching Representatives.
Beginning on Saturday September 16th, Hockey Manitoba in conjunction with Sport Manitoba will be running a week long social media campaign (Instagram, X (Twitter), Facebook, TikTok) where we will be encouraging players and parents to acknowledge their hockey coaches that have had a positive impact on them by posting messages, pictures and videos on social media using the hashtags #ThanksCoach and #CoachesWeek while tagging @HockeyManitoba and @SportManitoba for a chance to win great prizes.
We will also be highlighting some coaching resources throughout the week such as the Hockey Canada Network App.
Sport Manitoba will be offering FREE online NCCP courses and free professional development (PD) throughout National Coaches Week:
- Saturday, September 16th, 2023
- NCCP Managing Conflict – 10:00 am – 4:30 pm via Zoom (to register: https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/9357)
- Sunday, September 17th, 2023
- NCCP Design a Basic Sport Program – 9:00 am – 2:00 pm via Zoom (to register: https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/9354)
- Monday, September 18th, 2023
- NCCP Make Ethical Decisions – 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm @ Sport Manitoba, 145 Pacific Avenue (to register: https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/9366)
- Tuesday, September 19th, 2023
- Dollars & Donuts – Grants Q&A – drop-in from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm @ Sport Manitoba Coaching, 201-145 Pacific Avenue
- NCCP Coaching & Leading Effectively (Session 1 of 2) – 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm @ Sport Manitoba, 145 Pacific Avenue (to register: https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/9358)
- Wednesday, September 20th, 2023
- Locker Training – How To & Q&A – drop-in from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm @ Sport Manitoba Coaching, 201-145 Pacific Avenue
- NCCP Coaching & Leading Effectively (Session 2 of 2) – 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm @ Sport Manitoba, 145 Pacific Avenue (to register: https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/9358)
- Thursday, September 21st, 2023
- Transitioning From Athlete to Coach – Professional Development Session –7:15 pm – 8:15 pm via Zoom (to register, please email email@example.com)
- Friday, September 22nd, 2023
- Respect in Sport Administration Training – 10:00 am – 11:00 am via Zoom (to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Saturday, September 23rd, 2023
- NCCP Make Ethical Decisions – 9:00 am – 1:00 pm via Zoom (to register: https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/9355)
- Taping 1 Course – 9:00 am – 1:00 pm @ Sport Manitoba, 145 Pacific Avenue (to register, please email email@example.com)
- Sunday, September 24th, 2023
- NCCP Core Training for Learning Facilitators – 9:00 am – 4:30 pm via Zoom (to register: https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/registration/9353)
Please Note: All online and in-person courses listed below are FREE to Manitoba coaches during National Coaches Week. Manitoba coaches – please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering. There are limited spots available!
You can also visit the Sport Manitoba Coaching News & Events page for a list of free NCCP courses offered during National Coaches Week.
From September 18-22, the Paul Robson Resource Centre for Leadership and Coaching, located at 201-145 Pacific Avenue, will be available for #ThanksCoach video filming, and coaches can receive goodies.
About National Coaches Week:
National Coaches Week celebrates the positive impact coaches have on athletes, participants, and communities across Canada. This week is an opportunity to recognize coaches for the integral role they play by saying #ThanksCoach.
With activities held across the country to celebrate coaching, National Coaches Week provides coaches with the recognition they deserve for the time they devote to ensuring Canadians live an active, healthy lifestyle.
For more information, visit www.coach.ca/nationalcoachesweek.