Hockey Manitoba is excited to present a We Are Coaches Clinic for prospective female coaches on Wednesday May 18, 2022.
The We Are Coaches clinic will take place virtually on Zoom from 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. and will be led by Ashley van Aggelen, Head Coach of the Winnipeg Avros of the Manitoba Female U18 AAA Hockey League.
We Are Coaches Clinic attendees will receive their Coach 2 – Coach Level which is a requirement for any coaches to coach at the Under-11 to Under-18 level up to and including AA. This level of training is also accepted at the Under-9 level.
Please note: This clinic is offered free of charge and is for females only. The clinic will be limited to a maximum of 50 participants.
Coach 2 follows the competency-based education and training method of learning and is an excellent course for all new and recreational-level coaches. The Coach Level emphasizes basic skills and the importance of having players develop confidence, self-esteem and a love for the game. Coach 2 introduces player development and teaches coach knowledge, skills and attitudes in the following areas:
- Communicating effectively with athletes and parents
- Supporting the athlete in a:
- team environment
- training environment
- practice environment
- game environment
The We Are Coaches program was designed to increase the number of trained female coaches in Canada in order to provide mentors and role models for young participants.
The goal of We Are Coaches is to:
- Help build infrastructure to support and sustain the participation of girls and women in hockey in Canada.
- Develop female role models and leaders within the hockey community.
- Remove barriers to coaching education for women.
- The program will dramatically increase the number of active female coaches in minor hockey across Canada, which will positively influence the recruitment and retention of girls in the game
If you have any questions, please contact Ben Blankstein, Coordinator, Coach Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.